Thursday, September 1, 2011

BYU: A Few Little-Known Goodies

Here are a few of the best little-known goodies that BYU has to offer:

Free BYU Gym access -- Okay, so a lot of people have heard that BYU has a weight room where students who are currently taking courses can exercise for free. If you were one of those who didn't know, now you know. But what's more is that they've recently redone the place, and it's much larger with a lot more equipment (and many new machines). I've been taking advantage of it every day this week.

BUSM 200 "Personal Finance" -- This class is excellent. I've been to only two lectures so far and I already love it. That is certainly saying something, because I hate dealing with money and worrying about things like 401(K)s and Pension Plans and Insurance...but Brother Scott Marsh really knows what he's talking about. His lectures are highly engaging, and he makes me feel like I can actually understand and make the most of these things so that I can live a financially stable life and not have to work until I have great-grandchildren.

Graduate Student Religion course access -- Apparently Grad Studies at BYU lets graduate students take religion classes for free. You receive no course credit, of course (har har), but it's not like auditing. With auditing, you have to pay tuition for the course. In this case, you fill out a form, have the religion professor sign it, and you can attend his/her class for free. I am currently taking advantage of this great opportunity to learn more about spiritual things from knowledgeable professors while saving some money in the process.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. The way you talk about this Personal Finance class makes me want to take it :P Maybe I should look into that someday...haha

    I will join you at the gym, I promise. I just have to remember to bring workout clothes.

    Sounds like this is going to be a good semester for you!

    ReplyDelete