Tuesday, January 25, 2011

California dreamin' on such a winter's day...

The beach.

Doesn't that little phrase bring sunshine to your soul and a smile to your lips?  That's what the beach does for me.  It could be because of the sunshine.  I love the sun.  It's so...sunny.  And happy.  And full of delicious goodness and warmth.  Or maybe it's the sand, that moves so easily under your feet.  Or it's the ocean itself, as the salty waves toss and roll, lulling you to sleep.  Very few things are better than lying on the sand at the beach, soaking in the sun rays and enjoying the sounds of the ocean and the seagulls.

I miss the beach.  I'm not sure where I'll end up living when I finally settle down, but it will have to be close to a beach.  Even a rocky beach would do, as long as I can be by the ocean.  Of course, I'd love to live by a California or Florida beach.  Sigh...I miss my California beaches.  It's snowing today, and I miss summer.  Especially summer in California.  All the leaves here are brown or gone, and the sky is gray.  I've been for a walk on a winter's day.  I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A...I'm California dreamin' on such a winter's day.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. We are hopefully going to CA sometime this summer and the beach will definitely be on the agenda. We could hit beaches in FL too. Ah...I really miss the beach too...

    ReplyDelete