Friday, January 28, 2011

Recent Pearls of Wisdom

Recent Pearls of Wisdom:

1. Ladies: You know how sometimes when you sling a purse over your shoulder, it doesn't like to stay there and slips down to to your elbow or your wrist? And then you have to keep pushing it back up to your shoulder, but it slips again? Did you ever notice that this usually happens when you're wearing a thicker jacket or coat, or a smoother material like leather? Yeah, it drives me crazy too. BUT, there's a solution. Simply get a jacket/coat that has one of those snap button random strips of material sewn into the top of the sleeve and snapping by the neck. Do you know what I mean? Here's a picture if you're lost...


Yeah, one of those. See, if you've got a jacket or coat with a strappy thingy on the shoulder, all you have to do is unsnap it, place the shoulder strap of your purse over your shoulder, and then snap it over the top, and voila! Your purse is now snapped into place on your shoulder and it won't fall off. I made this discovery today and I think it's going to change my life. Seriously. And I know you're all super excited about this.

2. Everyone who is not allergic to bread products or cheese: Triscuit sandwich + mozzarella cheese in the middle = absolutely delicious, especially if you get Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits and put a "slice" of mozzarella cheese in the middle. Or you can get one Roasted Garlic Triscuit and one Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuit and put some mozzarella in between them, and then you get a blast of three fabulously Italian, fabulously delectable flavors in one bite. Or even Fire Roasted Tomato Triscuits are heavenly with the mozzarella. You have got to try this.

Triscuits
+
Mozzarella cheese
Life is good.

3. Everyone who grew up with cartoons: Remember how awesome Saturday morning cartoons were back in the day?  Taking the time to go back and check out cartoons you loved as a child is a fabulous idea. It will fill you with joy. Take it from me...I've been Netflixing (yes, it's a verb now) X-Men: The Animated Series, and I am loving every minute of it. While we're at it, who forgot just how awesome Gambit is? Why didn't they put him in the first three X-Men movies? And why didn't they let Rogue fly in the movies? Nineties cartoons were the best.

That's all I've got for the time being, but I'm sure I'll come up with more later. =)

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely agree with your Triscuit and mozzarella cheese idea. Even better if the cheese is Laughing Cow--they have some good new flavors now :)

    ReplyDelete