Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello Seattle, I am a researcher going there for PSA...

One week from now, I will be on my way to PSA in Seattle. Why? Oh yeah, because going to Conferences is good for networking and putting your research out there, not to mention getting research ideas from other people. But here it is, one week before I leave, and I feel ridiculously behind on preparation. Well, that's because I am behind...I'm struggling to run data, impute missing values, recode, etc before even analyzing the results. Ah well, it'll be worth it, right? In nine days and two hours I will be done with my presentation. I can't wait. At least I know I like Seattle! I'm looking forward to a sourdough bread bowl with clam chowder on the pier...yep, that's all I want. Some potential job opportunities would be nice, too.

Did I mention we're driving? From Provo to Seattle? Yeah. It won't be too bad, though; we've got those big BYU vans with a bunch of us riding and partying together, playing car games until we die of boredom. At least we won't miss our flight--the last time I went to Seattle with a school group, the bus was late and made us miss our flight, and we spent two full days in LAX just waiting for another flight to take us to Seattle. Now THAT was fun. Woo hoo! Sheesh, I sound like such a pessimist. Really though, as soon as I get this data to work properly for me, I will be excited. I'll be nervous to present research and have to sound smart, but it'll be great. And I do love Seattle. "Take me above your light, carry me through the night, hold me secure in flight, sing me to sleep tonight...Hello, Seattle..."

1 comment:

  1. You'll do awesome! You know your material! Love you.

    ReplyDelete