Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Last year I wrote a blogpost on Mother's Day acknowledging mothers and the work they do. It's only fitting that I do so once again. I realize that Mother's Day is almost over, but that's okay. Mothers need to be celebrated more than just one day a year, because they are awesome. Thank you, mothers, for your selfless and often unrecognized and unappreciated service every day. Yours is a godly task; President Joseph F. Smith once said that "The love of a true mother comes nearer [to] being like the love of God than any other kind of love" ("The Love of Mother," Improvement Era, Jan 1910, pg 278). Yours is a difficult task but a profound blessing, and you will be rewarded eternally for fulfilling this high calling. My heart goes out to those of you who are not able to have children. You are still mothers; the Lord provides us all with opportunities to mother. In His time, He will not withhold this wonderful blessing from the righteous woman who seeks it. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there, especially my own mother who raised me, and my sisters and sisters-in-law who are raising my nieces and nephews. Happy Mother's Day to all the women who have been mothers to me, including Young Women leaders, Relief Society leaders, Priesthood leaders' wives, mothers of my friends, and my friends themselves. I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I love you too, Sweet Daughter. You make it easy to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, little sis. I'm grateful to be raising your nephew and that you are such a great influence in his life, too :)

    ReplyDelete