Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Okay, now I actually have something to say. ish. maybe.

So it's a brand new day, and the sun is high, all the birds are singing cuz you're gonna die...except not really. Well, you will someday (most likely), but it is highly unlikely to have any connection to today's sunniness and bird singingness.  Unless you die from the avian flu or sun exposure.  (For those of you who think I'm totally insane, I often quote movies or books. This is is one of those times. So anytime you think I'm crazy, remember that I'm probably quoting something. I might not be, though. I might really be crazy. That's for me to know and you to find out.)

ANYWAY.  Today IS a brand new day, and it's an awesome day for several reasons.  ONE, it's Cinco de Mayo.  Hooray for Mexican pride!  TWO, and more importantly to me, it's my brother D's birthday!  Woo hoo!  Happy birthday, bro!  I'd tell you how old he is, but I'm not sure if he wants me to do that...let's just say that he's joining our other brother in a decade of years that the rest of us youngun's have yet to meet.  Happy birthday, D  =)

Today also marks some other things, so I'll continue along the number system that worked so well for us before.  THREE, it's the first day of non-droppable classes for spring term (yesterday was the ADD-DROP deadline)...so I'm stuck!  But that's okay, I really like my classes.  I'm taking Comparative Perspectives on Marriage and Family, an elective Sociology course that so far has proved very interesting.  Monday's class was a little awkward--one older single lady was very offended by her own misinterpretation of an important LDS doctrine concerning marriage, and a freshman girl was very confused about two other doctrines...but I'll spare you the details, unless you're interested.  Suffice to say, it was incredibly awkward.  Hopefully today's class is better.  Also, I'm "taking" a research course, which means I do research for a professor and she gives me academic credit for doing it.  Woot.  Which brings me to item number FOUR, which involves me beginning that research today!  Yeah, I'm so excited.  I actually like doing research (what that a quote or am I actually crazy?), and this particular project involves analyzing whether or not there is a significant difference in a child's health and sexual outcomes when raised by a single mom or a single dad.  Should be interesting.  FIVE, I've actually written something worthwhile in my blog.  SIX, um, I'm out of things to say, but I'm sure there are more.  =)  Enjoy the day!

I've decided to end each of my entries with a quote from something.  Will it be serious?  Will it be amusing?  Will it be peculiar in every sense of the word?  Probably one of the above, and possibly something else as well.  That being said...

Last night as I lay in bed and looking up at the stars in the sky, I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?!

2 comments:

  1. "Crazy" might be an understatement? er... So, great! Thanks for the perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice jorb. Now if only we would update ours...but seriously, I love that you opened this with Dr. Horrible. Except that now it will be stuck in my head...all...day.

    ReplyDelete