Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vacation recap and Prep for a new school year

Completion of my "must do"s during my trip to California:

Enjoy family and friends -- check
Go to the beach at least once -- check
Go to my favorite restaurants -- I got to Miguel's and Don Jose's, but not BJ's. However, we did get to go to Claim Jumper, which is always good. -- check
Go swimming -- check
Go to J's and A's wedding receptions -- check
Get significantly more tan -- fail
Get more tan -- check
Finish reading grad school prep books -- fail (as I knew I would)
Get my restless energy out and stock up on vacation energy for grad school -- mostly check

Overall, it was a definite success. I start grad school on Monday and I am definitely nervous...the 2nd year Master's students warned us that the first semester is really tough. I'm not excited about that. Hopefully I can figure out my thesis prospectus really soon so that I can get my thesis done and graduate on time. Yeesh.

My new room roommate is a brand new freshman. FUN! This year will be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Good job for you! I'm glad you had fun. Sounds like it really recharged you :) Good luck today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it did, but I needed a little more recharging...I'll survive, though! I think. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete