Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chuck Norris's Personal Code

Today I decided to look up Chuck Norris on Wikipedia. Mostly I just wanted to know how old he is, but then I started reading what Wikipedia had to say about him. For the record, I have never been a huge proponent for Chuck Norris jokes. Sometimes they're funny, but most of the time I just think they're dumb. But after reading Wikipedia today I have new respect for the man.

According to Wikipedia, Chuck Norris lives by his own personal code. I really don't know much about Chuck Norris and have no idea if this is true or not, but if it is, I gives props to Chuck. It's a great code. Here it is:

1.   I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
2.   I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
3.   I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family.
4.   I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
5.   If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
6.   I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
7.   I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness.
8.   I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
9.   I will always remain loyal to my God, my country, family and my friends.
10. I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself.


Isn't that an awesome list? I support everything on it! I've never really had a "personal code" because I just focus on following the Savior...but the things on this list are good things that will ultimately bring the one who abides by them closer to God. Worth it? Definitely. I think I'm gonna adopt this code.

2 comments:

  1. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Jill. And Brianne! This code of honor, as I call it, is exemplary....but you should write your own, in your own words. Perhaps some of the words will be identical, but many will be uniquely yours.

    ReplyDelete