Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Mountain of The Lord

I find myself in a sober, reflecting mood tonight.  I have been pondering a lot lately about what is important and sacred: in particular, the temple.  There are many things that I could say about the temple, and I wrote some of them down, but I think I will say only this: the temple is the house of God, created for the sanctification of His people.  Every time I go I feel great peace, and I know I am where the Lord wants me to be.  He wants us to come unto Him and partake of the sacred ordinances He has made available for us in His house.  I look forward with earnestness to the day when I can go through the rest of the temple, and when I can be sealed in the temple to my husband for time and all eternity.

I've included the lyrics and a link to one of my favorite songs about the temple.  I hope this song brings His Spirit into your life as well.

The Mountain of The Lord (written by Doug Walker, performed by Jenny Jordan Frogley)

There is a place on earth

Where I can touch heaven
Where I can leave the world
Remember who I am
Where I can stand on holy ground
Where peace and comfort can be found
A sacred part of truth restored
There at the Mountain of the Lord

Inside His Holy House
There lies the power to bind
In heaven as on earth
The family of mankind
God’s work on earth and beyond the grave
So many souls He wants to save
I will be part of these truths restored
There at the Mountain of the Lord

So let us go up and He will teach us
    His ways
And we will walk in His paths to the end
    of our days
There is safety inside and power to spare
That comes from the promises we make
    there

If hallowed walls could speak
What scenes have they beheld
Angels and Heavenly Hosts
The Savior, God Himself
Yet to this place He lets me go
Commune with Him and fill my soul
And something strikes a familiar chord
There at the Mountain of the Lord

There at the Mountain of the Lord.



If you would like to know more, go here to learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or here to learn more about LDS temples.

1 comment: