Monday, June 28, 2010

...Aaaaaand we're back!

My Trip to California:

I had a great time with family! I got to celebrate my dad for Father's Day (yay Dad! He's awesome!), which was definitely worth the trip. We also went to visit his dad and wife, and we played games sporadically throughout the week. I had a facebook date with my dad in which I taught him all the ins and outs of using facebook (be jealous). My mom and I played games/watched the tube together, and we gymmed it up a bunch. Her trainer worked me to the GROUND, but showed me some great workouts and how hard I really need to be pushing myself if I want to see results. I also got to spend pretty much a whole day with my brother and his family. I love my nieces and nephews, and I love any chance I get to spend time with them. We watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and played/sang some Beatles songs! It was awesome.

I also got to spend some time with friends--beach, Ruby's Diner at Huntington Pier, making pizookies, watching Labyrinth (man, it had been years since I saw that one! LOVE David Bowie), playing games, watching Toy Story 3 in 3D (super funny), just chatting, chilling, etc. J decided to dress up as David Bowie next Halloween, and I think she'll be absolutely awesome as him. Really. She could totally pull it off. M and A are moving to Indiana, so it was the last time I got to see them in probably a long while. They said we should do a road trip out there but I'm not sure if it'll work out. We'll see. Last Saturday was E's wedding, which was a lot of fun. B gave me a ride, which was fun because I hadn't seen her since high school, and then I saw a million other people at the reception that I hadn't seen in forever. It was great. Lots of dancing, lots of slightly toasted people (only E, the groom, seemed to actually get drunk from the amount of alcohol he was drinking). Lots of fun, and I'm glad I got to come down for it.

All in all, a very good and much-needed trip to California. No Disneyland this time, but at least I got to go to the beach! I really didn't need Disney, though...I got to see family, I got to see friends, and it was definitely worth the $65 to pay for gas (thank you, BYU Ride Board, for saving me!). Now it's back to Utah, with no roomies and no life. Time for research, reading, and practicing!

Oh, P.S. - I got an A in my class. Woo hoo!

You know what I will do? I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And on a dark cold night, I will steal away into your home and punch you in the FACE. -- Thank you, Sue Sylvester, for bringing us today's quote. You are hilarious.

3 comments:

  1. If you want Disney - come to FL! We'd love to have you come visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun! I don't know if I can afford any more trips right now though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for affording THIS one, Girl! We LOVED having you home--what a great visit. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. :)~Mom

    ReplyDelete