Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The next stage in the great computer saga

I was right; my luck didn't hold. The part didn't come Friday. It didn't come Monday or Tuesday either. I called Monday to find out what was going on and they said I would receive a phone call either that day or Tuesday (yesterday). I didn't, of course. I called again, and received a clear "a technician will call you at 6pm tomorrow" (meaning today, Wednesday). I don't expect it to happen. If he does call tonight, I'll be very surprised and pleased, but of course with Thursday being my busiest class day he probably won't be able to come when I can be available (I had to skip class last time the tech came). And then it will probably not be the motherboard at all, but something else entirely, and I'll have to wait another week. On the other hand...General Conference is this week! Yay! And I have a lit review due Saturday! Not yay! My computer better be fixed so I can watch General Conference while writing it at home instead of having to write it on campus all day Saturday...

2 comments:

  1. How frustrating! Is there not a place that you can take the computer instead of having someone come to your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is overrated. It bothers me that everything is so dependent on it...and I don't mean that as a slight against you! Just think about how much work would be required for your classes if computers didn't exist. They couldn't require such long papers, you know? Anyway. Just rambling now...

    ReplyDelete